Phrasal Verbs / Group Verbs
4. Act for (act on behalf of): The lawyer acted for the accused.
5. Act on or upon (carry out; effect): His instructions were immediately acted upon.
6. Act Up to (behave in accordance with): She always acts up to wishes.
7. Answer back (give a rude answer): Rahim asked me the question impolitely and I answered him back.
8. Answer for (suffer because of): They will have to answer for their wrong doing one day.
9. Answer to (acts as the result of): The illness did not answer to medical tteatment.
10. Apply to ( concerns; be relevant to): These rules do not apply to this case.