Skip to content
General Knowledge of Geography
- Source of Himalaya is – Tethys Geosyncline.
- Western Region of India is famous for which cultivation? – Cotton.
- NEFA was the old name of- Arunachal Pradesh.
- Which ore is known as the white ore? – Muscovite.
- Which doab lies between Beas and Sutlej? – Bist doab.
- Which is the smallest island of Lakshadweep ? -Bitra island.
- Black revolution is related with – Crude Oil.
- Rain Fall in winter season in Punjab and Jammu Kashmir is caused by – Western disturbances.
- Which country is the 2nd largest paddy producer state ? -India.
- Which state is the maximum user of chemical fertilizer ? – Punjab.
- Forest research institute of Indiais located at -dehradun.
- Which district of West Bengla has the highest Male literecy rate ? Purba Medinipur.
- “Majuli” river island is located on which river ? -Bramhaputra.
- ‘Aditya’ is a high yeilding varity of – Paddy.
- ‘Padu’ is the name of shifting cultivation in which State? -Andhra Pradesh.
- “Chenna” is the name of shifting cultivation in which country ?- Srilanka.
- Central Arid zone research institute is located at -Jodhpur
- The soils which are rich in Calcium are known as -Pedocals.
- Which of the following is a Biological method of soil conservation ?-Contour farming.
- ‘Terra rossa’ is a Latin word which means- Red terrain.
- Pedalfers soils are- Aluminium and iron accumulating soils in humid environments.
You Might Also Like